Sunday, August 01, 2004

My Driving Force...

T'is world shall I pass through, for many more a year,
To work and to play, to laugh and to tear.
And for all these years, I drive myself forward,
With only one goal that I work towards.

Some are driven by money, and things that they own,
But t'is not eternal and when we die they are gone...
Some are driven by friends, and the companionship they bring,
But no friend truly knows and understands your heart within.

But I strive, each day, and put my best in all,
For one thing aalone, for I heard my God's call!
To pick up my cross and to give my life,
To accept that life on this earth is ridden with strife.

And so when I fall and experience much hurt,
I look back at the cross and remember what I heard.
That even in pain and suffering untold,
Jesus said, "Forgive these children, they do not know".

And so I live my life for the cross alone,
It is my driving force, for my sins it atoned.
I focus my heart upon that lonesome cross,
And I take up the burden to seek and save the lost.

Lord, I live for you alone. I pick up the cross and I will fight your war. Renew in me the strength to continue for you please. I love you and you alone. Help please. May all that fills my heart be the cross.

Not as an idol but as the symbol of love you have for me. That upon that cross you died. And may my old self too continue to die even as it writhes in agony upon that cross.

I love you lord.
In Christ most precious name I pray,
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise