Thursday, July 01, 2004

My Sins, My Shame

My sins so familiar, I've had them for life,
Too numerous to count, I just cannot fight...
My SLOTH, so strong,
that I would do nothing at all.
My PRIDE, so wrong,
that it would make me fall.
My IMPURITY, so overwhelming,
that my flesh would desire in err.
My DECEIT, so disgusting,
that I would lie without a care.
My GLUTTONY, my desire,
for what is ont this earth.
My INDISCIPLINE, my error,
for I do not give God what He is worth.
My BITTERNESS, my bane,
that joy cannot fill my heart.
My UNGENTLENESS, still the same,
that from me will not depart.
All these things i bring before, Your Almighty throne,
For your blood and that alone could for these atone.
I cry, "Change me NOW Lord, with your power!"
For to live for you is my one desire.
I have failed before to leave these things behind,
But now i try again and towards perfection i onwards climb.
And may your power NOW grip my very soul,
And change me into your image, making me whole...

Lord, today again I take stock of my greatest sins... How little I have progressed Lord... Please, give me the strength that comes from you... I NEED to change into your image... If there is no other way then Lord, grant me all the suffering i need to become like you... But if there is another way Lord, use it now... May i live for you and you alone... All my pet sins oh Lord... Help me in fighting them... Please Lord... I NEED You... Help me live for eternity...

In Christ most pesious name may You wash me in the cleansing blood even as i vow to start anew...

I love you Lord...
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise