Thursday, July 29, 2004

True Joy Is Mine...

Today... I will rehash one of my first few poems... Something that I have recently forgotten and obtained...
I wrote the following poem truly seeking joy and believing and having faith that it was there for me to grasp... Well I forgot and left out what I spoke abt is my most recent post 'True Joy'... Now again I will take both these poems in tandem and hold them close to my heart... And I believe I shall be able to find that joy that I so lack...  Not that which others derive from the world but that joy that I shall derive from Jesus and Jesus alone...

I have come to realise that these two poems are a pair... One cannot do without the other... Thank you Lord for letting me come one full circle in my search for joy and peace... And now shall the peace/joy You give be reflected through my life in my love and gentleness... I thank you... For this 6 month journey and a return to the routes... As I was preaching in India you gave me some revelation in accordance to exactly what You placing in my heart. Oh Lord, you work in wonderful ways... May I never take any of what you have taught me in these poems as seperate but always remember them together. And Lord, may You fill me, sufficiently to last my race here on earth as I live in the shadow of Your wings...

I thank You Lord...
In Christ's most blessed name, I joyously place my arms into His, and I offer up a prayer not of words but of heart,
Amen...
*SIGH*

JOY
I have sought joy from the beginning when I was just born,
I made it my life commitment to make its wonders shown.
I let the world lead me in what was to be a fruitless search,
And when I reached what I though was joy, it left me in the lurch.
For in my desire I had turned blind,
Joy in little things I could not find.
And then my Lord opened my heart's eye,
That joy be with me till I die.

Oh joy, oh Lord for the sounds that pervade my ear,
That I may hear nature ring and to my eyes bring a tear.
Oh joy for tears that the pain ion me brings,
For you use that to mould me and for that I will sing.
Oh joy to the heavens for unfulfilled love,
Its a reminder that only you can fill me and that you shall I serve.
Oh joy, oh Lord, for my body broken and weak,
It makes me remember that for you must I seek.
Oh joy, oh Lord, for disappointments on earth,
For it just magnifies how much you are worth.
Oh joy, oh Lord, for betrayals of trust,
So that for this world, may I not lust.
Oh joy, oh Lord, for people better than I,
It reminds me that I am weak and for me you had to die...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise