Thursday, July 15, 2004

I Am Man...

T'was from my beginning, no choice had I in this,
Man was I born, Man shall I live.
Not that image, the world corrupted, a deceitful, impure liar,
But that which my God ordained, a man who has been through fire.

Man, courageous, not that I fight a fight against all,
But that I would listen and abide by God's call.
For courage comes not from what the world dares you to do,
But that you stand for Christ and what He says is true.

Man, strong, not that in this world I can do much,
But that my faith not waver, strength is as such.
That strength not come in the physical realm,
But strength that comes when God is at helm.

Man, a warrior, war I declare,
Not against humans, but the Prince of the Air.
I will fight this fight even if no other will come,
For my life forsaken, my soul will come to no harm.
For your cross alone, would I give my life,
For I know eternity beckons and I care not for strife.

Man, a poet, sensitive and true,
Gentleness I must have, or I am not man but a fool.
That before my Lord humbly I come,
Knowing the battle I'm fighting He won.

Man, a lover, not that women be for my pleasure,
For to deceive me satan uses her as a lure.
But I seek in women what is righteous and pure,
That to protect her innocence much pain would I endure.

This world shall never deem me a man,
But a boy who fathoms not, this world's plan.
But I care not at all, for what this world think,
And I dedicate my life to my Lord my King.

For in Christ alone I take my stand,
That all earth may see what God deems a man.
That in traversity, His praises will I sing,
I am Man, warrior-poet, for Christ my King.

Lord... Help me be a MAN... A man that you would deem worthy of the manhood you have bestowed upon me... Please!

For I fight with courage but only for you... For your cross would I give my life! May I be a coward in the ways of the world but stand in the love that you alone and you alone can give... I love you God. And I forsake all to follow you... That is the mark of a man.

Lord that I may fulfill the role you would have me fulfill. That I would be a protector of what is good and pure in woman....

And Lord, may i be sensitive just as Jesus hikmself was sensitive... That my heart may be attuned to your word... Please Lord...

In Christ mnost precious name I pray, Make me a man...
Amen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise