Wednesday, July 28, 2004

True Joy

I close my eyes and see my Lord,
He beckons me to enter his court.
In reverence I approach and kneel before his throne,
Knowing that my life I have given is no longer my own.

Many try to spoil this moment, with words and emotion,
Trying to stir within their hearts for God a commotion.
Some spend all their time petitioning for their heart's desires,
Many even deceive coming before God as liars.

But I would place my hands into hands that truly, truly served,
Not saying a word, but just knowing that He loved.
Sometimes I would speak, and place my request,
But mostly I would sit and just in his arms rest.

This art so few know, if the world would just try,
Strivings would cease, and this world would just learn to sigh.
For this time so wondrous is with my Lord face to face,
Do not try to spoil it, not with words or with haste.

This is where I get, the one greatest joy,
Even if satan try his means he cannot foil.
And this act  performed in times foul or fair,
This is the one great joy simply called prayer.

Lord, may my prayer be all that you mean it to be...
That I learn to stop placing my requests within your arms but just to sit in quiet meditation of your word and your love...

That I may be as Sadhu Sunda Singh... That all I may do is place my arms into yours and when someone comes to call me away I will have to wrench myself away from that moment.

I jusy desire to kneel before you in reverence for hours and hours, not caring for anything in this world but just revelling in your peace... Help me Lord...

Keep the evil ones away from such sacred moments and grant my mind a sanctuary that it may not concern itself with the world... May I not pray with words but rather with my heart and soul... That prayer is not just this concept of prayer that the world have but it truly be communion with you, the Lord of all Lords and the Host of all Hosts... Thank you Lord... I give you my all...

In Christ most precious name I pray,
Amen.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise