Sunday, July 11, 2004

Desiderio Domini...

The tides of the world come gushing at my fort,
The emotions and confusion bring nothing but distraught.
I cry for a lifeboat to take me to the shore,
But my Lord says, "Edgar! You must endure more."

To live is Christ, to die gain,
For life on earth has so much pain,
I long so much to touch the shore,
I have glimpsed at it and I desire more.

This fort I hold, for my God alone,
Till the day He comes and takes me home.
Each day a struggle as I withstand the storm,
My only driving force that I would see his throne.

And so I live with desires dead,
That towards the cross I might tread,
And tears do flow, oft so freely,
My cry Oh Lord, 'Desiderio Domini'!

Oh Lord, help me live dead to desires... Only you know the things that drive sooo deep into my heart... I see certain things and I cannot but help but to feel to desperate inside, that now i have naught but a desire for death... Truly I am understanding the words, to live for God and God alone, for were it not for you i would have picked that glorious sleep... Right now again I feel so distraught, show me your comfort and your ability to give me peace... Lord I so long to see your face!!! I so long to be with you,

"To leave the world and all behind,
death to me poses no fear in my mind"


When the world asks why am I like that... I can only say 'Desiderio Domini'...

Why so my tears flow? Why do i worship? Why so i sigh? Why do i choose to live? Why forsake all for God?

DESIDERIO DOMINI.... (I soo dearly long to be with my Lord)...

Peter the apostle cried so oft and burst into tears on numerous occasions for no outward reason... When his disciples asked him why? He said... 'Desiderio Domini'...

May I too find the longing for you sooo deep inbedded in my heart that nothing else will do... Please Lord... I need help... Because this world is really overtaking my faculties... My cry 'Desiderio Domini'...

In Christ most precious name I pray again...
Amen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise