Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Vision

From young I have placed my eyes 'pon such a lofty goal,
To strive for fame and fortune, t'was that I would sell my soul.
My eyes placed firmly upon this wondrous world,
That its riches untold, would set my heart a swirl.

But yet there was an end that my eyes could also see,
A death that I feared, was there no purpose for me?
Till that place of eternal rest was all that consumed my eye,
For if life be so meaningless, then why does man still try?

On the end had I placed my vision, and t'is not a welcome sight,
Of uncertainties unforetold and a sleep darker than night.
But through the fog that bore down 'pon my path,
Suddenly. two endings could I see, paradise, or God's wrath.

So now all I can see, is that cross a beckoning,
Till that place of joy unforetold, of laughing and singing.
So now this world no longer hold me sway,
For my vision be that of on that glorious day.

So my heart with joy will run this lonesome race,
Till my goal be reached and I see that wondrous face.
And no sorrow shall pervade, in the depths of my soul,
For a glimse of heaven I have seen, and it beckons my soul.

 
Yes, Lord... Helpe me to run my race with a vision of your eternity... Then NOTHING can bring me down... And I shall go out with joy! Just afford to me a glimmer of that eternal joy, so that I can cling upon it and fight your battles in this world... Thank you Lord, for I know that that joy is true... There is no denying it... Now it is all that I strive for... All that I desire... Any joy here on earth you give me Lord, I thank you, but may it never sway me from that of your eternity...

I give myself to you,
Amen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise