Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Who I am...

Twenty one years ago on a tiny, tiny isle,
Was born to my family a small baby child...
This child would grow to be a simple man,
A man of this world, A man of this land...
This child for many a year would live on his own,
Reflecting who he was, making his personality known...
A mouth of venom, full of untruth,
And of his words few would soothe...
To him all of life was a joke,
To other's they believed Christ's yoke he had forsook ...
A man ungentle in all his ways,
Uncouth and uncaring and forever would he stay.
But for the Spirit that resides in his heart,
That forever of God, he would have a part...
And so may the Spirit within,
Slowly cleanse till he is clean...
That a gentle heart he may possess,
And in his Father's arms he may rest...
A mouth that holds the truth and that alone,
That he would know he speaks before Christ's throne...
And so he gives his all again,
To let his Lord make him a new man...


Lord...

I pray again.. For your all to wash over me... May I be your child and that alone... May you control my wild tongue... And myself too oh Lord... May you calm and lead me... That I would be gentle in all my ways... For in these areas t'is too hard for me to change... But by your strength I know that I can... For inside resides an overpowering desire in these areas...

In Christ most precious name I pray....
Amen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise