Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Oh Christ, My Life...

Every single thing I undertake,
Every single move I make,
What is it for, what use it?
When on that day, this earthly life I quit?

There be no more desire to see my story told,
Ah, for the end be the same, my life to death sold.
When I stand, I sit, be there a purpose?
My life, to me a blessing or to me a curse?

But now I know the reason, that I doth breathe life,
I know why, I strive and persevere through all worldy strife...
T'is for Christ and his glory, that I breathe my each breath,
T'is for Christ and his kingdom, that I would not yet meet death.

T'is not in service, that I gain my joy,
T'is not in just worship that do I enjoy.
T'is not the word alone that runneth my cup over,
T'is not just in prayer, that my happiness is sure...

But it is on loving and being with my King,
That is all it takes to stir my heart to sing.
And that is what id missing, in so many a lonesome soul,
Ah... If they would just come to him, their joy would overflow...

So, Jesus, my Lord, never leave my side,
And towards your final glory, do I on your wings ride.
And I declare, I live for only one,
Jesus, you're my Lord, your glory shining like the sun...


Everyday, I get assaulted by mine and the enemies thoughts...

Why do I live? Where is the peace and joy of my life? Why is each moment on earth seemingly so painful?

And I just revert my eyes back onto Christ... It is He alone, that is the reason that I live... my joy cometh not in the reading of the bible, or in prayer, or in service... It comes from my faith and love in my living God and all of that is just the way I express it..

God... Never let me stop loving you... Please... Otherwise, there be nothing left to live for... Imay never get what I want on earth... But I have you... and I love you... Thus have I chosen... Thus shall I live...

I love you God...

1 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger saltyN said...

it's e passion and the feelins behind a poem tat allows one to fully appreciate it. Beautiful poem. May God bless in everythin.
How dreadful this place, how weary tis load.
Till i met the man upon a tree.
How boundless the love, how wonderous the grace.
With new eyes now i see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise