Sunday, August 15, 2004

There is Joy through Sorrow...

There are times on earth when all dun seem well,
We hide the pain in our hearts, so others cannot tell.
Yet the wrenching within tears within us an open wound,
And except for the pain, for all else there is no room.

Perhaps a love, you cannot fulfill?
Or a feeling of helplessness within that you cannot still?
Perhaps your family, somehow is wrong,
Or your friends, somehow you dun belong.

So much pain in this world, wherever you go,
How people make it through, I do not know.
But for me, I have Christ, and his ever-lasting love,
That though pain overwhelms, Him will I still serve.

For through it all, no matter what,
Real joy will always fill my heart.
As long as in everything big and small,
I learn to trust him and live by his call...

This is the crux of loving God... In the psalms, the psalmist oft presents first, his problem, then after that his concept of God... The thing is often, like the psalmist things happen to us that we believe should not especially if we are in the arms of God. What is happening around us comes into contrast with who we think God is. (E.G. God is peace, so we should have peace. God loves me, so I should always be happy.) Either that OR, we oursleves are lamenting over ourselves and the people around... We cannot understand why we feel a certain way and we lament over our own feelings...

But in the end, we must all end as the psalmist does, in trust of God.... That is where you will find the peace of Christ... At that final decision of trust in the plan of God, even if the remedy does not come during our lifetime... Place your eyes upon heaven and the eternal, that is the only place i can confirm you will not be disappointed...

So may we all come to trust him more and more...

Lord, You know that even as I strive to serve you more and more, yet there is so much sorrow in my heart... That Lord, there is pain there. Yet through it all I can find joy... Joy in you and through communion with you... Thank you Lord... I love you... And I will serve you through all the pain... For I know that eternity waits before me as my reward...

I live with the end in mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise