Thursday, August 12, 2004

T'is God...

T'is God who rules the heavens with his mighty hand,
Yet He is personal and on him can I depend.
T'is God who rules my heart, with His soft, sweet touch.
And my life is His, my love is as such.

T'is God, who moves my hand, in written word or prose,
No glory for me in writing, for my words only God knows.
T'is God who helps me awake, every single morn,
It is He who heals me, when my heart is torn.

T'is God, who helps me speak, His Spirit in my words,
I speak only for him, for my words are not worth.
T'is God and God alone, to whom glory flows,
If I take any, I am not his friend but his foe.

And so wondrous God, Beyond all imagination,
Be in my heart, you are my salvation.
And all my sins, alone I cannot fight,
Will fade away to darkness when exposed to your light...

God, you are great beyond all imagination. You alone are the reason I live and can live. I remember once you put these words in my mouth to speak.

"The israelites, saw many wonders, in fact they saw wonders every day (manna from heaven) yet they complained... I too have seen many wonders, even being able to wake in the morning is a wonder... May i never complain..."

Yes Lord, may I never complain...

And change me Lord... I have so many pet sins in my heart and life... Change me...

- My pride
- My sloth (Inclusive of bad time management)
- My unwillingness to prepare either in study or in work for you as a result of my pride and
sloth...
- My abrasive attitude/ Lack of gentleness
- My lack of love
- My irritating lying tongue... (Almost forgot... How could I?)

Wahhhhh.... Can go on forever... But Lord, please help me deal with these first... May I truly live for you... Please Lord, I cannot fight them myself... Take them from me... Ever since my commitments have ramped up exponentially, so have my struggles with sins... Whatever be it Lord... Bring me through, I trust in you...

In Christ most precious name....
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise