Wednesday, August 11, 2004

T'is the time...

T'is the time to forsake my all,
To hearken to my God's call.
T'is the time to give your life,
Right here right now the time is right.

Open your ears and hear our God's cry,
To rally all christians to war by his side.
Though you may be weak or mature, young or old,
Our God is calling you, as the battle unfolds.

But yet so many are caught up in this world,
Oblivious or uncaring as the battle unfurls.
The enemies deception has clouded their eyes,
Their life not truly forsaken, from the world they have not died.

They spend their days in merrymaking,
All the while believing,
That they are christians and that God is their king.

I beseech you, oh friends, take look at your time,
Is it God's? or do you call it "mine".
Do you sharpen your weapons as you ready for war?
Or do you play the day away and believe that God will make you soar?

Do you work for a man's soul, the only thing which is eternal?
Or do you deign to see it burn in the everlasting inferno?
For though we strive for so many a long year,
If we change not a man's soul then our ministry be not sincere.

So join the clash and stand beside me,
Know that we are fighting, for others to be free.
And if we truly carry the banner of God into our fight,
Heaven is our reward and there we will live in his light.

Just gonna quote a song i once heard,

" I will rise and face the darkness,
I will shine his holy light,
I will live to love the hopeless,
I will lift the cross of Christ,
I will raise the flag of freedom,
For his blood is my defense.
He has called me, FOR A TIME SUCH AS THIS...
He has called me, FOR A TIME SUCH AS THIS..."

Sigh... School has started finally and at the same time my outside commitments are ramping up obscenely... Not that I am complaining...

I remember reading about Jim Elliot and I prayed, "God give me such a life." One where everything revolves around you and has your ultimate purpose in life... But i always wondered, 'How come he got so much things to do one ah? Where he get from?'... Ummm... Well... Now I guess i gotta thank you Lord... Now i also got a lot... So may I live my life as he did, with all things done with your glory in mind... For I know you are with me...

(P.S. The only thing i cannot follow Jim Elliot is say that girls are a distraction from my walk with God... hehehe... Of course, if God dun wanna give me one then I will still praise him... But i cannot like Jim swear off girls... haha)

Anyway... For all those who say that I am CRAZY to be doing so much... Ummm.. Well Hudson Taylor once said, "Dream big for our God is a BIG God..." and also " When you do anything for God, plan it such that it will not work without the help of God, that is where faith comes in."... I have total faith in God... (Or at least still praying)

Lord, I truly sacrifice all to you... When you say, greater love have no man than that he give his life for someone else. We always think only of death... Our life is our time, and death is only the dedication of future time to your cause... I give my life NOW, and therefore, give all my time NOW... For the furtherance of your Kingdom... I have no fear of little enjoyment or no social life/fun, for you alone are my refuge and blessed am I if i partake of your rest...

In Christ most precious name I pray,
Amen





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise