Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I Thank You LORD!

I could thank you, for the gifts that thou dost bestow upon me,
I could thank you oh Father, that You made the awesome sea.
I could thank you my Jesus, that you sustain my life,
I could thank you my Lord, that you are with me through my strife.

But I thank You oh King, for what you simply are,
For that my heart sings when near or from far.
For thy alone art my praise, and the reason that I live,
Because of who you are my life I wholly give.

El Elyon, Possesor of all earthly things,
Because of this my God, through poverty can I sing.

El Shaddai, Able to do all,
So unworthy though I may be, I will answer your call.

Jehovah Nissi, My banner lifted high,
I carry your name into war, you are my battle-cry.

Jehovah Tsebaioth, The Lord of all Hosts,
Because of this I will never fear my foes.

Jehovah Tsidkenu, My righteousness revealed,
That when I stand before you, my future in your arms sealed.

Jehovah Mekkadishkem, Sanctifier of my soul,
Lord, slowly make me perfect, Lord Slowly make me whole.

Jehovah Makkeh, The God who smites,
That you will deal with those wicked in your sight.

Jehovah Shalom, My peace within,
This name I call everyday as I struggle with my sin.

Jehovah Hossenu, The maker of all there is,
I do not question him, for all on earth is his.

El Odam, the everlasting God,
You are the same today tomorrow, no matter when you're sought.

Jehovah Elohccnu, The holy holy one,
That you may shine in the darkness stronger than the sun.

And so Lord, I worship and praise your very awesome name,
For today tomorrow you are always the same.
And overall I pray and love my creator,
Simply just because he is the one and only 'Jah'.

Yes, Lord. In the psalms, most worship is offered unto you, not because of what you have done for the psalmist. But because of who you are and what you will do in the future. And in that I praise you name. I call upon your name and worship it with all my heart. I thank you simply for who you are not what i believe you will do for I cannot fathom your plan. Thank you Lord, for simply being Lord.

I worship you, from the depths of my heart. Not a felt worship, for just some moments. Not a worship in my mind. But the only true and worth worship. A worship with my life.

I love you God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise