Monday, November 22, 2004

About a girl.... (Dun ask who...)

Though your eyes, they be like stars that lighten up the night,

Though your smile, to others bring reassurance, that everything will be alright.

Though your face, wonderfully constructed, that it may move many a man's heart,

Though your body, so well built, that none can tear their gaze apart.

Yet all these beauties together cannot compare,

To that which is in you, your soul and spirit which is there.

Though your face may move men to labour,

But for your soul did our Jesus suffer.

Though for your eyes have the ancients many a year sought,

But it is your gentleness that may move men to God.

Though your smile may light up a dreary man's day,

But your love brings more comfort than any word's can say,.

Though your body may stir a man in his lust,

But it is your prayerful spirit that shows in you can I trust.

So take heart for above all earthly beauties that be,

Though these you possess, so do you possess them that men sometimes cannot see.

And your beauty on that day when My Lord returns,

Shall shine through all the places, both earth and the heavens.

That is the beauty that I see within you deep,

And may you for no other beauty, in your life seek...

I was going through some of my old poems and I stumbled upon this one... This is the only poem I have ever written that was not specifically between God and me... I think its one of my best!!! :) Wrote it for someone some time ago... Means something to me... Doubt anyone would read it, now that I so long never blog here already....

But if anyone reads this (And I guess the person I wrote it for), I pray that this is the beauty that you will seek... T'is all that matters...

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy you need help - this is the biggest load of undiluted bilge and drivel I have ever had the misfortune to read. No doubt its self-satisfied author will be praying for my soul - presumably after deleting this comment.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Wei Xin, Neo. said...

hey i love this poem. and i'm goin to post it on my blog. (: i'll be sure to add your credits. (:

its really good. (:

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! God bless and keep you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise