Thursday, August 05, 2004

Will YOU live for Christ?

A devoted man of God, stands before the church at its pew,
He cries, 'My Jesus, He wants to use you!'
The people seated down feel shame within their hearts,
Yet still they are not willing to with God, do their part.

A great many people profess belief in Christ,
Yet how many, really, truly forsake their lives?
The call has resounded within each church's walls,
But yet so few willing to answer our God's call.

They say they will serve at a later date,
Or perhaps when our God has given them a mate.
They savour in a worship that is momentary and fleeting,
But yet in their lives they are not truly seeking!

Some so obsessed or fulfilled with service in the church,
That they miss the point and for lost souls they no longer search.
Some cry that man must ask, then they will join the fight,
For goodness sake, when you answer God call, by yourself you will rise with might!

So many let their little contributions cloud their bodily eyes,
They do not see that Jesus, He, called for our lives.
We talk of giftings, and what God wants us to do,
That is correct, but clearly he wants us to go and spread the truth!

Christ has called so many to do his work on earth,
But yet so few people will give him what he is worth.
So many say, I am already doing much,
With so much time spent enjoying, how can they say as such?

Do a serious search and see if you may claim,
That you spend more time in service and communion than in fun and games.
God is calling you, to give your life right now,
Not just belief, but that you would put your hand upon his plow.

And with my all I pray, raise an army Oh Lord,
For if all who profess belief go out, we will change the world.
So create revival, within your very church,
Raise up a generation who truly for lost sould search.

Lord, ignite the fires of all who profess belief in you.
C.H. Spurgeon once did a survey. Less than 70% of professing christians are truly saved. And this is an optimistic figure. Regardless of who, Pastors, worship leaders, elders, deacons, etc... Some would bring the number much lower to less than 50/40 %.

Oh God, there is no other quantifying measure of a Christian but that his life is yours. May I never lose sight of that. Continue to build within me the fruits of the spirit. You who started a work within me will be faithful to complete it... I cling on to that promise.

Even as I enter another place to continue my earthly duties, may I not be swayed by earthly pleasures. May I be as Jim Eliiot and hold still my vision upon only what is profitable to the Kingdom of God. So that I may be useful in whatever you may call me in the future. Fun may be had, but may I always put you first.

And raise up an army Oh Lord, to do your work. You told us to pray for harvesters, and so shall I. Jehovah Nissi, may I and all who are willing goto battle in your name.

'Some would live by the sound of church and chapel bell,
I would run a rescue mission a yard away from hell!' - Anonymous

Lord raise up the men to run your rescue missions... And may I be one of them....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise