Monday, June 14, 2004

Prayer...

PRAYER (Its Purpose)

I stand speechless and naked before my awesome King,
No words have I to say nor songs have I to sing.
My heart stands a burdened by the weight of the world,
When all I needed was to ask His peace unfurl.
For once before had I forsaken this thing called prayer,
Because t’is not what I sought I thought God wasn’t there.
The call to be a slave that would never see the promised land,
Deep down in my heart, I could never understand.
Till one day I realized what would make me whole,
Not changes to what surrounds, but that I bear to God my soul.
With words I know, I shalt never master prayer, this art,
Yet I know the Spirit of Christ reveals to God my heart.
And so this world though it changeth not,
The peace that reigns within is what, I should from the start have sought…

Sometimes we pray to see the world change... And when it does not change before our eyes we grow disheartened... Oh Lord... Grant me the perseverance of the nine genrations of Isrealites in Egypt.. That I may be able to pray for nine genrations for the salvation of the people and stay strong though i may never see the promised land myself...

Give me a heart of Prayer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Search Engine -Search Engine and Directory of blogs. Looking for blogs? Find them on BlogSearchEngine.com Listed on Blogwise